Dr. Asif Mahmood Qureshi ( Professor )
Dr Asif Qureshi earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Mechanical Engineering from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. He later earned another Master’s and Doctorate from West Virginia University, USA, with emphasis on structures and specialization in FRP composite materials.
Dr Qureshi has a rich experience of more than two decades in a variety of technical areas encompassing Research and Development, Academics and Project Management. Year 2016 celebrates his 20th anniversary as faculty member of this university. He is proud of his wide range of contributions: teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses, supervising undergraduate and postgraduate theses, publishing in national and international journal, participating in a number of lab development and expansion projects, student counseling and administration work. Prior to this university, he worked as a pioneering engineer in establishing Thermodynamics Laboratories at Ghulam Ishaq Khan (GIK) Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology.
His skill sets include:
· FRP Composite Materials: Design and Analysis, Modeling and Simulation, Molding and Machining, Testing and Evaluation
· Structural Design, Analysis and Rehabilitation: Advanced Mechanics of Materials, Structural Dynamics, Analysis of Plates and Shells, NDT and Experimental Stress Analysis, CFRP Composites External Reinforcement Design, Prestressed Concrete Design, Bridge Design
· Mechanical Design and Manufacturing: Machine Design, Tool Design, Computer Aided Design, Conventional/Nonconventional Machining.
· Engineering Projects Management: Development and supervision of State-of-the-art Engineering Laboratories and Research Projects.
· Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills at all levels, Team-Player, Strong Work Ethics, Quality- and Safety-Conscious, Result-Oriented, Multi-Cultural and Multi-Linguistic Skills.
Latest Qualification : Ph.D.
Dr. Asif Mahmood Qureshi