On the one hand, wireless technology is racing ahead and
enabling a broad array of wireless networks, including cellular, ad hoc, mesh, local area,
personal and sensor networks, supporting an equally rich array of multimedia applications such
as voice, data, images, and video. In addition, practicing engineers, computer specialists, and
managers have to re-educate themselves in the area of wireless technology.
The University of Engineering and Technology Lahore recognized the need to
prepare its students for careers in wireless and successfully developed one of the first
instructional Wireless Communication laboratories inception in 1998, with a funding of $600,000, in collaboration with Higher Education Commission (HEC). The laboratory has
provided many students during the past decade with the opportunity to acquire both in-depth theoretical understanding and hands-on experience in this rapidly growing discipline. Since its
inception the Wireless Communications Research Laboratory at the University of Engineering
and Technology has been investigating a wide range of problems in the basic theory and
practical design strategies for wireless communication systems and networks.
The lab aims at achieving the following objectives :
- Provision of the state of the art Facilities for Research Projects in Wireless
- Developing technical solution to various Wireless Communication Related Projects
- Developing Trained Personals for educating and training for upcoming graduates in
The lab facility can be used to investigate the problems in the following fields:
- Wireless Channel Modeling in Time, Frequency and Space.
- Communication over Dispersive Wireless Channels.
- Cognitive Wireless Networks