1. Examinations considered for Merit Purpose
For admission to all the Bachelor’s Degree Courses and determination of merit the following examinations are considered:
a. Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (H.S.S.C) Pre-Engineering. or equivalent. or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or B.A. Sc.
b. For fixed seats only: Diploma of Associate Engineer or Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech. Pass)
c. Marks of Entry Test for Session 2010
2. Merit Determination
The comparative merit of applicants will be determined on the basis of adjusted admission marks obtained by them in these examinations:-
- a. For applicant with H.S.C. (Pre Engineering) as the highest qualification:
- i. H.S.S.C (Pre-Engg.) or equivalent including 70% Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks
- ii. Entry Test marks 30%
- b. For applicants with B.Sc. or B.A. Sc. as the highest qualification:
- i. B.Sc. or B.A. Sc including Sports and 70% Hafiz-e-Quran marks or H.S.S.C (Pre-Engg.) or equivalent including Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks, in whichever a student has the highest %age
- ii. Entry Test Marks 30%
- C. For applicants having Diploma of Associate Engineer as the highest qualification (for fixed seats only)
- i. Diploma of Associate Engineer including 70% Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks
- ii. Entry Test Marks 30%
- D. For applicants having B.Tech. Pass as the highest qualification (for fixed seats only)
- i. B.Tech. Pass including Sports and Hafiz-e- 70% Quran marks or Diploma of Associate Engineer including Sports and Hafiz-e-Quran marks, in whichever a student has the highest % age
- ii. EntryTest Marks 30%
3. Deduction of Marks for Examination passed by Parts If an applicant has passed any examination by parts, ten (10) marks are deducted for that examination while determining the adjusted admission marks. If the certificate of an applicant does not state whether he has passed the examination as a whole or by parts, he should submit with his application Form IV(a) & Form-IV(b), duly filled in and signed by the controller of examination concerned. In case any form is not submitted, ten marks will be deducted from the relevant examination marks obtained.
4. Merit of F.Sc.’s (Pre-Medical) with Mathematics. In determining the merit of an applicant having F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with Mathematics as an additional subject:-
5. Equivalence Of Certificates Upto H.S.S.C. Level
The equivalence and issuance of certificates, marks upto HSSC level other than issued by Pakistan’s Board is to be determined by the IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen) as per decision of the Supreme Court of Pakistan) Such applicants are required to attach an Equivalence Certificate showing marks with the application for admission issued by the IBCC. The following is the address of the IBCC IBCC 342, St. No: 97, Sector G-9/4, Islamabad
6. Credit for Hafiz-e-Quran0-20 marks will be added to the academic marks in HSSC or equivalent examination of an applicant who is Hafiz-e-Quran. He/She will get the benefit only he/she has:
i. filled in the necessary check box provided in the online application Form and
ii. Appeared before the “verification committee” appointed by the Vice Chancellor for oral test carrying 0-20 marks and the Committee awards marks according to the degree of his proficiency. The “Verification Committee” will hold oral test at 09:00 A.M. in UET Lahore on 9th & 10th of October 2010. It may be noted that no separate call letters
will be issued to the concerned applicants in this connection.
7. Credit for Sports
A maximum of ten marks will be added to the academic marks in HSSC or equivalent examination of an applicant who is sportsman. He will get the benefit only if he/she is:
i. filled in the necessary check box provided in the onlne application Form and
ii. appeared before the “verification committee” appointed by the Vice–Chancellor for credit of marks and the Committee will determine his proficiency as a Sportsman considering the following criteria:
“05 Marks for Physical Test showing actual performance and endurance”
“01 Marks for Inter College Champion”
“02 Marks for District Level Champion”
“03 Marks for Divisional Level”
“04 Marks for Provincial Level”
“05 Marks for National Level or under 18 representation abroad”urpose, in the office of the Chairman Sports alongwith Convener Admission Committee, at 9:00A.M. on 10th of October, 2010. It may be noted that no separate call letters will be issued to the concerned applicants in this connection.
8. Determination of Merit in case of Equal
Percentage of Admission Marks
If two or more applicants have equal percentage of admission marks (upto three places of decimal after trucncation), they shall be treated at par for the purpose of admission.
In case there is a tie for the last seat in a particular discipline/category, then all the candidates who have
secured equal percentage of admission marks (upto three places of decimal) shall be admitted. No transfer or new
entry into that discipline/category shall, however, be considered unless the actual number of candidates already
admitted falls below the number of allocated seats for that discipline/category.
9. Merit Determined Category-wise The seats for admission to the Bachelor’s Degreecourses at the University are distributed over various categories. These categories are discussed in Section 4 below. The details of the distribution of seats are available in the Seats Allocation Chart. The applicants for each category are grouped separately. Then on the basis of the percentage admission marks, comparative merit of the applicants comprising the group is prepared. The applicants belonging to a category thus compete for admission amongst themselves for the seats allocated to it. comprising the group is prepared. The applicants belonging to a category thus compete for admission amongst themselves for the seats allocated to it.
10. Transfer on the basis of given preferences and
In case a seat in any discipline/category of higher preference given by a candidate falls vacant and he
is eligible for transfer to that discipline/category on the basis of his merit, he shall be automatically
transferred to the discipline/category. He will have no right to retain his admission in the previous
discipline/category because the seat vacated by him shall be simultaneously allotted to the next eligible
candidate on merit.
11. Variation in Seats
The University authorities may exercise their right at any time to increase or decrease the number of
seats allocated to any category and there shall be no appeal against such a decision.
12. Unutilized Seats
If some seats allocated to any category (other than category A) remain unutilized for lack of adequate
applicants, then the unutilized seats are transferred to category-A and are filled under the same terms
and conditions as applicable to the former.