The department of Geological Engineering offers bachelor of sciences (B.Sc.) in Geological Engineering. The program in geological engineering is accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. This degree program is designed for students who have the aptitude to master engineering fundamentals, but who also have the curiosity to apply their engineering training in context of the physical earth. The program emphasizes geosciences’ applications and technology development in understanding and protecting the Earth and its resources.
The curriculum of bachelor degree program has been designed keeping in view both local and international needs. A bachelor degree in Geological Engineering is the basis of careers concentrating on the interaction of humans and the earth.
It is a broad, interdisciplinary field with many specialty areas such as:
- Tunneling and Deep Excavation
- Geotechnical Site Investigation and Foundation Design
- Rock Engineering and Geo-mechanics
- Hydrogeology, Environmental Site Characterization
- Geophysical Exploration & Petroleum Geology
- Exploration and development of New Energy Resources