- Subject to the provision of Regulations, the Vice chancellor may admit a student to the University by migration from other Universities or Institutions according to the regulations.
- No student shall be admitted to First Year and Final Year classes by migration. In terms of semesters, migration is only permissible into the 3 rd, 4 th or 5 th semester.
- A migrated student is required to complete at least 50% curriculum, required for award of the degree, at UET in order to be eligible for UET’s degree.
- Admission by migration shall not be allowed ordinarily after the expiry of three weeks from the commencement of the session.
- No student shall be admitted by migration from a University or Institution in Pakistan unless he produces a "No Objection Certificate" and Good Moral Character Certificate to the effect that the student has not been debarred from taking University examinations and suspended or not expelled or rusticated from the University or Institution from which he intend to migrate and that no disciplinary action is pending against him.
- The applicant must have appeared in the Combined Entry Test conducted by UET Lahore of the session in which he intends to migrate. Or, he must have appeared in the Entry Test of parent institution.
- The applicant must have passed Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) or its equivalent with at least 60% marks and 60 % weighted aggregate based on 70% weight to Intermediate marks and 30% weight to Entry Test marks.
- An application for admission by migration shall be accompanied by a detailed marks certificate showing the examinations passed by the applicant at his parent university. The applicant is required to be in good standing with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0.
- No student admitted to any University or Institution against seats reserved for special categories shall be eligible for admission by migration.
- Only those students who possess academic record comparable with admission requirements of this University (for their particular Entry Session) shall be considered for admission by migration subject to availability of seats in the concerned department.
- No applicant shall be admitted by migration who possesses less than 1% of admission merit of this university as well as the sub-campuses of that year in which he was admitted in his parent institution.
- No student shall be migrated to the University who carries any of his papers of his previous years.
- The grounds for migration shall constitute changes in circumstances which render it practically impossible for the student to continue his studies in his Parent University or Institution. No migration shall be allowed to and from constituent/ affiliated campuses/ colleges.
- No applicant shall be admitted by migration whose parent institution is within the same city. However, he may be considered for admission by migration to sub-campuses of this university.
- Migration application will only be entertained on the prescribed application form, obtainable from UET website http://www.uet.edu.pk . Migration form fee of Rs. 500/- will be paid at the time of submission of application form.
Migration fee shall be charged from the candidates allowed to migrate to the University from other Universities/Institutions under the rules at the following rates:-
- Rs: 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two Lacs and Fifty Thousand only) in case of candidates of Universities/ Institutions abroad.
- Rs: 2,00,000/-(Rupees Two Lacs only) from applicants admitted elsewhere in Pakistan on Self Finance Basis.
- Rs: 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) per semester to be studied in University of engineering and Technology, Lahore and its campuses from the applicants not covered in the first two cases above.
Note : The genuine and deserving cases falling under category (III) mentioned above would be submitted to the Syndicate for waiver of the fee.
- A student desiring to leave this University in order to join another University or Institution shall apply to the Dean of the Faculty concerned on the prescribed form after payment of prescribed fee of Rs. 500/- for ordinary case and Rs. 1000/- for urgent case (non-refundable.
- No migration certificate shall be issued unless the student has cleared all University dues.
- In case of student who has been debarred from taking University examination or has been expelled or rusticated, no migration certificate shall be issued so far as the punishment is in force.
- The Dean of Faculty concerned shall be competent to issue a migration certificate on the prescribed form.
- A student who has obtained Migration Certificate from the University but has not secured admission in another institution may be re-admitted to the University in the class to which he can be admitted under the regulation provided that his absence from the current teaching session of that class does not exceed four weeks and further that he surrenders the Migration Certificate.
- Any change / addition/ modification, if made, in the above regulations, will also be applicable.
Download Migration Form
TRANSFER OF CREDITS OF SUBJECTS FOR MIGRATED STUDENTS
Students from other HEC approved universities and programs accredited by PEC or PCATP, may apply for migration to this university in the same programs, in accordance with University’s Migration Rules. Following conditions shall govern transfer of subjects (credits) to the university for subjects studied elsewhere. Subjects that do not satisfy these conditions shall not be transferred nor given any credit.
i. The course must correspond to a course offered by UET or be deemed equivalent in depth and intensity.
ii. Applicant must have received at least “40%” marks in case of absolute grading system or a minimum of “C” grade or higher in a letter grading system similar to the one in this university. In case of any other grading system,
the department shall decide with the above minimum limits in perspective. In case, both letter grades and marks are mentioned on the transcript, only letter grade will be considered for the purpose of transfer of semester credit
The accumulative credits accepted for transfer in any program should not exceed one-half (50%) of the total credits required to complete that particular program, in any case.
The credits transferred are counted towards the degree requirements of the student. However, GPA of transferred credits shall not be counted towards the calculation of CGPA, and that only “Transferred” shall be written against those subject(s) in which transfer of credits was allowed. In addition, migrated students shall not be eligible for a merit position nor Honours degree.
Migrating student may be deficient in subjects as compared to the class which he has joined. Such a student shall repeat these subjects. In case, he is studying a particular subject for the first time, it will not be classified as repeated subject for him.